BATS -THROWS - HEIGHT - WEIGHT - D.O.B.
1. Washington Nationals: Bryce Harper - C - Southern Nevada. R-L - 6'3" 205. 10.16.92. I wasn't thrilled to hear that his last play as a scholar athlete was him getting ejected for a second time this season. But when I saw the video it was 1) a bad call and 2) a quick trigger. (5.21 Harper, 5.29 Harper)
2. Pittsburg Pirates: Jamison Taillon - RHP - The Woodlands HS, TX. R-R - 6'7" 230. 11.18.91. Recent buzz suggests this is a two horse race between athletic shortstop Manny Machado and Texas HS RHP Jamison Taillon. (5.21 Drew Pomeranz, 5.29 Machado)
3. Baltimore Orioles: Manny Machado - SS - Brito HS, FL. R-R - 6'3" 190. 7.6.92. If the Pirates select Taillon, Machado is likely the Orioles choice. (5.21 Taillon, 5.29 Taillon)
4. Kansas City Royals: Yasmani Grandal - C - Miami. B-R - 6'2 210. 11.8.88. A few industry sources have reported that Grandal and the Royals have a predraft agreement in place.
5. Cleveland Indians: Chris Sale - LHP - Florida Gulf Coast. L-L - 6'6" 175. 3.30.90. Could be Ole Miss LHP Drew Pomeranz or even Cleveland Prep pitcher Stetson Allie but I still think it's going to be Sale. (5.21 C. Sale, 5.29 C. Sale)
6. Arizona Diamondbacks: Drew Pomeranz - LHP - Mississippi. L-L - 6'5" 230. 11.28.88. The Diamondbacks are being linked to college pitching and if Grandal goes to the Royals at #4, Pomeranz or Sale would be possibilities here as would North Carolina RHP Matt Harvey. (5.21 Karsten Whitson, 5.29 Deck McGuire)
7. New York Mets: Matt Harvey - RHP - University of North Carolina. R-R - 6'4" 225. 3.27.89. If you asked me 3 years ago, I would have said Harvey would be a top 10 pick in 2010. If you asked me 3 months ago I'd say he's pitched himself out of the first round. He's obviously turned it around including a solid performance in regional action yesterday.
8. Houston Astros: Josh Sale - OF - Bishop Blanchet HS, WA. L-R - 6'0" 205. 7.5.91. The Stros are like Nuke LaLoosh, sorta all over the place. Besides their love for Sale, they've been linked to advanced college hitter Michael Choice and raw prep pitcher Stetson Allie who are at opposite ends of the spectrum. (5.21 Deck McGuire, 5.29 Josh Sale)
9. San Diego Padres: Zack Cox - 3B - Arkansas L-R - 6'0" 215. 9.23.88. I still feel Ball State 2B Kolbrin Vitek is a great possibility here as is prep 3B Nick Castellanos, but with this scenario Cox slips past the Mets and the Padres pounce. (5.21 Vitek, 5.29 Vitek)
10. Oakland Athletics: Michael Choice - OF - UT Arlington. R-R - 6'0" 210. 11.10.89. I've been seeing a lot of Cal State Fullerton SS Christian Colon to the A's at this pick. They just selected another Boras client SS (Grant Green) last year and if Colon is moved to 2B, they just selected Jemile Weeks in 2008. If Choice goes to the Astros at #8 the Athletics will surprise us and we know they do have an interest in Indiana prep catcher Justin O'Conner. (5.21 Choice, 5.29 Choice)
11. Toronto Bluejays: Christian Colon - SS - Cal State Fullerton R-R - 6'0" 205. 7.5.91 The Jays are tough to predict. I had them linked to the difficult sign that is Austin Wilson but he still doesn't have an advisor or a number so he'd be a risky pick right here. Colon is a Boras Corp client and rest assured he has a number and a binder full of explanations justifying that number. (5.21 Bryce Brentz, 5.29 Austin Wilson)
12. Cincinnati Reds: Alex Wimmers - RHP - Ohio State. L-R - 6'2" 195. 11.1.88. Deck McGuire would be tempting if he fell here as would Kolbrin Vitek but I still feel the Reds are focused on Wimmers. (5.21 Wimmers, 5.29 Wimmers)
13. Chicago White Sox: Deck McGuire - RHP - Georgia Tech. R-R - 6'6"218. 6.23.89. Deck could go as high as 6 but I would hope he wouldn't fall past the White Sox. He'll be more expensive than Texas RHP Brandon Workman and Asher Wojciechowski but he's also a better pitcher. (5.21 Workman, 5.29 Workman).
14. Milwaukee Brewers: Asher Wojciechowski - RHP - Citadel. R-R - 6'4" 235. 12.21.88. Power arm will need time to develop secondary stuff. (5.21 Brett Eibner, 5.29 Harvey).
15. Texas Rangers: Brandon Workman - RHP - Texas. R-R - 6'5" 220. Given this pick as compensation for failure to sign Matthew Purke, Texas will want to stick to slot. (5.21 Jesse Hahn, 5.29 Wojcieschowski)
16. Chicago Cubs: Justin O'Conner - C - Cowan HS, IN. R-R - 6'1" 190. 3.31.92. I'm reading either the Indiana athlete turned catcher or fireballer Stetson Allie. (5.21 Harvey, 5.29 Karsten Whitson)
17. Tampa Bay Rays: Karsten Whitson - RHP - Chipley HS, FL. R-R - 6'4" 190. 8.25.91. Whitson is a steal this late. (5.21 Grandal, 5.29 Grandal)
18. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Dylan Covey - RHP - Maranatha HS, CA. R-R - 6'2 200. 7.19.91. There are a lot of California prep arms in this draft and any of them could go here. (5.21 Christian Colon, 5.29 Colon)
19. Houston Astros: Delino DeShields Jr - OF - Norcross HS, GA. R-R - 5'9 175. 8.16.92. Rated as a 2nd round talent for most of the spring, DeShields may go as high as the Blue Jays at #11 or the Rangers at #15 (5.21 Josh Sale, 5.29 DeShields)
20. Boston Red Sox: Anthony Raunado - RHP - LSU. R-R - 6'7" 230. 9.9.89. I've had Raunado to Boston for several weeks and I still feel good about it. (5.21 Raunado 5.29 Raunado)
21. Minnesota Twins: Michael Kvasnicka - C/OF - MIN. B-R - 6'2" 210. 12.7.88. Kvasnicka's name is now all over the first round and I still have to look up how to spell it every time. The hometown Twins do have a history of taking Golden Gophers. (5.21 A.J. Cole, 5.29 Bryce Brentz).
22. Texas Rangers: Kaleb Cowart - RHP/3B - Cook HS, GA. B-R - 6'3" 190. 6.2.92. Justin O'Connor would be a good fit here but I think he's gone by now. Cowart will be a tough sign away from Florida State. (5.21 Stetson Allie, 5.29 Allie)
23. Florida Marlins: Barret Loux - RHP - Texas A&M. R-R - 6'5" 220. 4.6.89. Targeting college arms. Arizona State RHP Seth Blair and Arkansas RHP Brett Eibner are also possibilities. (5.21 Dylan Covey, 5.29 Brett Eibner).
24. San Francisco Giants: Nick Castellanos - 3B - Archbishop McCarthy HS, FL. R-R - 6'4" 200. 3.4.92. Another pick that has not changed in weeks. There was early buzz that Castellanos could go as high as #9 (San Diego) but that has faded. (5.21 Castellanos, 5.29 Castellanos)
25. St. Louis Cardnals: Kolbrin Vitek - 2B - Ball State. R-R - 6'3" 195. DOB 4.1.89. The slide of Vitek is this faux draft has ended. He'll likely go higher but this scenario is not out of the question. (5.21 Justin O'Conner, 5.29 A.J. Cole)
26. Colorado Rockies: Cameron Bedrosian - RHP - East Cowets HS, GA. R-R 6'0" 205. Bedrosian has had some late helium and could find himself in the 1st draft. (5.21 Gary Brown, 5.29 Dylan Covey)
27. Philadelphia Phillies: Austin Wilson - OF - Harvard Westlake HS, CA. R-R - 6'4" 200. 2.7.92. I've liked Kaleb Cowart here as a risky sign so why not take a shot at the even more difficult sign in Wilson. No one knows how much, if any, amount would lure him away from his Stanford commitment. (5.21 Cowart 5.29 Cowart)
28. Los Angeles Dodgers: A.J. Cole - RHP - Oviedo HS, FL. R-R - 6'5" 190. 1.5.92. Prototypical projectable HS pitcher. (5.21 Ryan LaMarre, 5.29 Gary Brown)
29. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Stetson Allie - RHP - St. Edward HS. OH R-R - 6'4" 225. 3.13.91. I'm going to get my first live look at him during the D-I Ohio HS State Championship game tomorrow. (5.21 Austin Wilson, 5.29 Justin O'Conner)
30. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: Peter Tago - RHP - Dana Hills HS, CA. R-R 6'1 160. 7.5.92. No change here. (5.21 Peter Tago, 5.29 Peter Tago)
31. Tampa Bay Rays: Bryce Brentz - OF - Middle Tennessee State. R-R - 6'0" 195. 12.30.88. Brentz could really go anywhere in the 1st but this should be his floor and the Rays would be thrilled to get his talent this late. (5.21 Yordy Cabrera, 5.29 Jedd Gyroko)
32. New York Yankees: Ryan LaMarre - OF - Michigan. R-L. 6'2" 205. 11.21.88. LaMarre is unlike two sport stars that the Yankees have been linked to like Zach Lee or Tyler Jenkins, but he does possess 1st round athleticism. (5.21 Zach Lee, 5.29 Lee).
Brett Eibner, Gary Brown, Jedd Gyroko